Thursday, March 27, 2008

Typical Black Guy


Welcome to racism. Lebron Jame and Gisele (I don't know who she is) are in a heep of "trouble" today for this picture. According to the allegations it supposedly feeds the stereotype of "black man hurt white woman" and a lot of people are mad about it. I sat there reading the controversy and was trying to figure out what are we supposed to be mad at?

Ever since Barack Obama threw his white grandmother under the bus to protect his racist, bigoted pastor it seems that anyone and everyone is ready to throw the race card around at the drop of a hat. When I look at this picture I'm not thinking "evil black man" I'm thinking wow he's good. He can play the game and carry the woman. It's good to be the king. Not "oh how stereotypical, black man with his tats dragging a white woman around".

It seems that the unanswered question in this whole entire situation is what the heck can you actually say anymore? Now in Lebron's case I guess he can no longer be seen with a white woman ever again? These people get offended at everything and then they go around and do the exact same thing? Now a lot of people may say I can't understand anything because I am not black. Granted. A valid point. However, I can still see racism and I can still stop it and Lebron James isn't feeding a stereo type. These people are. Maybe instead of looking at the picture and whining they should realize that the picture is just a mirror of their own selves. Their getting a good look at their own problems, not Lebrons.

0 comments:

"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." Matthew 7:13-14